Monday, April 03, 2006

Dying Words

This face I wear everyday
Will soon grow old and wither
And I will have nothing to show
Not a smile to give to the lonely.

The temple that is my body
Will become brittle and worthless
And I will have nothing to spare
Not even a shoulder to cry on.

The voice that carries my soul
Will falter and lose its song
And will have nothing to speak with
No comfort for the restless.

The soul that I was provided with
Will be taken by away
And I will have nothing at all
No hope nor faith for others to believe.

All I have are thoughts and words
And a name to confirm any doubts
That any man, woman or child
May remember it for a thousand years.

And keep it in their hearts
Giving compassion to the lonely
Giving strength to the weak
Giving peace to the disheartened
Faith and hope for the fallen.

My words spoken from one to another
My thoughts read to inspire a follower
This is all what I have to give
This is all I need to live.

No comments: