Monday, April 03, 2006

Speak of Death

"I am the antithesis of your existence,
the act of mercy of the brave
and the way of the coward.

I am the salvation of the unjust,
the comforter of the unborn
and the harvester of the greedy.

I am the destiny of all that is,
the fate of the hopeless
and the reward of a fulfillment.

I am the warmth of sleepless nights,
the wrath of heaven
and the cold steel of deception.

I am the embrace of broken hearts,
the logic of mindless slaughter
and the reason for life.

I am the nameless fear of the arrogant,
the unspoken fate of the lonely
and the unknown end of eternity.

I am the silence of pain,
the surrender of agony
and the blinding light at the end of the tunnel.

I am the poison in your coffee,
the nicotine that you smoke
and the virus in your system.

I am the word that makes you bitter,
the lie that you discover
and the truth that hurts.

I am the car you never saw,
the warning sign you never noticed
and the sanctuary you took for granted.

I am the stray bullet you fired,
the firecracker you lighted
and the one you picked up the day after.

I am the firing mechanism of a gun,
the second hand of a homemade bomb
and the solution to peace.

I am the weapon of destruction,
the tool of creation
and the end of this statement.”

“Who am I you ask? If I told you, I’d have to kill you.”

No comments: